The Palace Theatre is one of the grandest theaters ever built in Connecticut. Originally built by Thomas Lamb in 1927 as a vaudeville house, it was later converted to a movie theater and remained that way for nearly 50 years. It was closed in 1979 and reopened in 1982 as a venue for concerts and live theater. The Palace Theatre underwent a massive renovation in 2003, adding a new façade, marquee, and entrance with easier wheelchair access, along with a soaring two-story lobby and grand staircase, meeting rooms, a refreshments bar, expanded restrooms, a kiosk, and a new box office. The character of the historic 1586-seat theater has been wonderfully preserved as Fairfield County’s premiere proscenium theater.